Full Time Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (354859)
Department of Justice
Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions
Applications must be submitted by Sunday 02 August, 2020 11:55 PM
We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.
The Department of Justice supports reasonable adjustment requests in any stage of the assessment process to remove barriers and facilitate full participation in all aspects of employment for applicants with disability. If you have individual requirements that need to be accommodated in order to participate in an interview or recruitment activity, please inform the contact person listed for this vacancy.
We are a diverse and inclusive workplace and understand the importance of flexible working arrangements. Talk to us about how this could work for you.
Hours per fortnight
73.50 hours per fortnight – flexible options available.
- Undertake a wide range of clerical and administrative duties to support the efficient and effective delivery of the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions services including the opening of criminal files, preparation and compilation of court and other legal documentation.
- Undertake word processing, transcribing of audio material and preparation of correspondence and document production duties of a highly confidential nature to a high standard.
- Undertake data entry including the updating and maintenance of the legal practice database, Visual Files, and utilise the database tools for preparation of documentation.
- Provide personal and telephone reception facilities of a high quality ensuing the sensitive and confidential handling of enquires, including attending to public enquires, liaison with complainants and witnesses, the legal profession, courts and police.
- Provide support to other areas within Crown Law as required.
The Head of State Service has determined that the person nominated for this vacancy is to satisfy a pre-employment check before taking up the appointment, promotion or transfer.
The following checks are to be conducted:
1. Pre-employment checks
- Arson and fire setting
- Violent crimes and crimes against the person
- Sex-related offences
- Drug and alcohol related offences
- Crimes involving dishonesty
- Crimes involving deception
- Making false declarations
- Malicious damage and destruction to property
- Serious traffic offences
- Crimes against public order or relating to the Administration of Law and Justice
- Crimes against Executive or the Legislative Power
- Crimes involving Conspiracy
2. Disciplinary action in previous employment.
3. Identification check.
- Experience in a legal office environment
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
How to apply
Post your application to:
Department of Justice
GPO Box 825
HOBART TAS 7001
For more information
Supervisor Business Support
Phone: (03) 6165 3590
How to Apply
Apply on Company site
1246 total views, 6 today