Full Time MuleSoft Technical Instructor
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Products and Technology
MuleSoft is looking for a skilled developer/architect to join our expanding Training and Certification team in supporting the growing demand for MuleSoft instruction from expert developers and/or architect instructors. As the company continues its explosive growth, the demand for high-quality training has become critical to MuleSoft and its expanding base of customers and partners.
In this role, you will be an influencer and thought-leader with in-depth technical expertise and the credibility to establish yourself as a subject-matter expert while empowering the ecosystem with competent MuleSoft practitioners in a company leading innovation within the integration services industry.
What you’ll achieve:
- Participate in MuleSoft technical training and enablement
- Attend MuleSoft technical training courses to learn and prepare
- Develop technical proficiency in core MuleSoft products.
- Complete MuleSoft technical certifications and fully ramp on Training & Certification processes.
- Participate in MuleSoft client training with seasoned Technical Instructors
- Contribute to miscellaneous course development or other non-teaching tasks and projects
- Fully ramped and executing multiple courses in all modes of delivery
- Provide real-world feedback to both Curriculum Developers and Product to drive continuous improvement
- Drive improvements to courses, working with Portfolio and Delivery team
- Able to self-manage courseware delivery and ramp-up along with other projects
- Advanced technical proficiency in core products and basic proficiency in the full product suite
- Evangelize, train, coach and mentor Training and Certification team members on hard technical skills and soft skills
- Lead development of technical ‘tech talk’ sessions
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Experience leading integration teams and architecting solutions
- Experience with Java or C# or similar OOP language is a must-have skill
- Experience with and working knowledge of JMS messaging, transaction, XML, Web Services, and integration technologies
- Ideally, knowledge of Spring, Maven, and related frameworks and technology
- Deep understanding of enterprise technologies and business context
- Language fluency—strong English required; other languages nice-to-have
- Experience with MuleSoft or other integration technology (e.g., IBM, BEA, Oracle Fusion, TIBCO, Dell Boomi, etc.), API Management solution (Apigee, Mashery, etc.)
- Integration Architect skills a plus
- Training delivery experience in a technical software or hardware company a plus
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time
- College degree, CS or Engineering preferred
This position has the engaging task of delivering MuleSoft training to technical, operational and business levels of customers, partners and employees in the use of complex situations for multiple MuleSoft products and solutions and to prepare these students for certification.
The Technical Instructor must keep abreast of current product development, and is expected to work very closely with the Curriculum development team to assist in maintaining high quality training materials. Specific responsibilities for a Technical Instructor include delivering technical training courses both internally and externally while maintaining excellent attendee feedback. Specific responsibilities for a Technical Instructor include delivering technical training courses both internally and externally while maintaining excellent attendee feedback. The Technical Instructor should be able to adapt training courses to the attendee’s experience and existing skills. Responsiveness to student questions and follow-through are paramount. Ability to travel to customer facilities as necessary.
Qualifications for this position typically include a bachelor’s degree and previous training delivery experience. Other qualifications may include knowledge of the specific industry, proven on-the-job consulting skills in a relevant technology and MuleSoft experience.
Skills and Core Competencies
In addition to education and experience, there are other skills MuleSoft may look for when hiring a Technical Instructor. These may include excellent communication, presentation and proven software skills. Personal attributes important to this position consist of strong technical capabilities, problem solving, and strong writing and presentation skills.
Effective Presentation Skills
Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and bosses; Is effective both inside and outside the organization, on both cool data and hot and controversial topics; Commands attention and can manage group process during the presentation; Can adapt training courses to the attendee’s experience and existing skills, while adapting to a variety of formal presentation settings. Responsiveness to student questions and follow-through are paramount. Can change presentation tactics midstream when something isn’t working.
Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to the job at a high level of accomplishment. Picks up technical concepts quickly. Is good at learning and communication new technical knowledge. Provides expertise within one of the MuleSoft areas of expertise: developer/architect/operations. Providing business, technical or operational training to customers and partners to enable their success with MuleSoft solutions; Picks up on technical things quickly; Can learn new skills and knowledge; Is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge-like internet technology.
Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; Probes all fruitful sources for answers; Can see hidden problems; Is excellent at honest analysis; Looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers
Is cool under pressure; Does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; Is considered mature; Can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; Can handle stress; Is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; Doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; Is settling influence in a crisis
Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; Values time; Concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; Gets more done in less time than others; Can attend to a broader range of activities
Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees
Provides feedback about courses inclusive of collected participant information, as well as feedback from participants for other MuleSoft functions. Testing of courseware against new product releases and updates.
Can work with Training Ops team to ensure the proper training content is recommended to customers and partners
Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself; Understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; Works to deploy strengths; Works on compensating for weaknesses and limits
Will stand up and be counted; Doesn’t shirk personal responsibility; Can be counted on when times are tough; Willing to be the only champion for an idea or position; Is comfortable working alone on a tough assignment
Knows personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and limits; seeks feedback; gains insights from mistakes, Is open to criticism; isn’t defensive; is receptive to talking about shortcomings; looks forward to balanced (+’s and -‘s) performance reviews and career discussions
Can communicate experience and technical knowledge to others in the department. Can motivate and empower others. Invites input from others and shares ownership and visibility. Makes others feel their work is important
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
How to Apply
Apply via direct company link
333 total views, 1 today